CLOSING DATE: 15 October 2023
PLANNED INTERVIEW DATES: 18 October 2023
SALARY: Up to £180 per day
APPLY VIA: Moguls Physiotherapist Recruitment Portal
GB Snowsport (GBS) is the National Governing Body for Snowsport within the United Kingdom; it is responsible for the representation and management of any British Snowsport athlete who wishes to compete in International Ski and Snowboard Federation (FIS) sanctioned or Olympic events. This includes all Olympic and Paralympic snowsport disciplines together with Speed Skiing and Telemark.
This is an exciting time to join GBS as this season has been the most successful ever for the athletes and we now look to build on those successes. GBS is responsible for 52% of all the medals awarded at a Winter Olympic Games and 95% of medals at the Winter Paralympics and the opportunity to significantly improve the profile of winter sports in the UK comes with this role.
This role will be the primary physio/medical point of contact for the GB World Class Programme Moguls athletes and coach(es). The role will provide and develop physiotherapy support services to the squad both remotely and in person, as appropriate. This role will require working closely with GBS Medical team, Coaches, Head of Sport Science & Medicine (HoSSM), and National Institutes practitioners. This role requires strong time management skills to co-ordinate the proactive elements of the job such as; programming and maintaining medical records, with the reactive part of the job i.e. acute injury management (often remote), alongside other work commitments.
- Primary point of contact for athletes, coaches and HoSSM in relation to Athlete Health, physiotherapy and medical support for the GBS Olympic Moguls team.
- Primary point of contact for any athlete health needs in close collaboration with the GBS Chief Medical Officer.
- Identify and deliver rehabilitation, performance optimisation and injury prevention support virtually and in person to World Class Program athletes.
- Be a central point of contact for National Institutes and physiotherapy contractors across the GBS Olympic Performance Programs, in conjunction with the other GBS Physiotherapists, and Chief Medical Officer.
- Ensure that the delivery of the physiotherapy services effectively meet their needs of the athletes, coaches and GBS support staff.
- Utilise the electronic medical records system (PDMS) for accurate record keeping and injury surveillance analysis to inform athlete health decision making.
- Within the rules of professional confidentiality liaise with athletes, parents, coaches, and other support staff as appropriate.
- Comply with Professional Codes of Conduct, standards and guidelines.
This position requires one day (8 hours) per week, ideally spread throughout the week to meet the needs of the athletes. The role also requires around 30 days of European travel, split into three blocks of roughly ten days each in early November, December, and March.
Reports to: Head of Sport Science and Medicine
Direct reports: None
GBS Diversity & Inclusion Statement
GBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by the Equality Act 2010. GBS is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programmes and general treatment during employment.