Team GB announce 10-athlete Ski & Snowboard squad within wider 36-athlete team
The British Olympic Association have today confirmed that ten ski and snowboard athletes will represent Team GB as part of an overall 36-athlete squad at next month’s Youth Olympic Games in Gangwon.
The ten athletes will compete across four discipline groups, and includes a number of athletes who have previously represented Britain on the FIS World Cup tour.
This year’s selection of young athletes are following in the footsteps of many British Olympians who previously competed at this level, including Kirsty Muir, who won big air silver at Lausanne 2020 before becoming the youngest member of Team GB at Beijing 2022.
Team GB Chef de Mission for Gangwon 2024, Eve Muirhead, said:
“I am incredibly proud to be leading this year’s delegation for Gangwon 2024, and it is a huge honour to prepare the team for what is a formative event in their careers.
“I’ve been to four Olympics with Team GB and have led a team throughout the majority of my curling career so I understand the emotions of performing on the world’s biggest stage. I’m thrilled I can share my knowledge and advice with these athletes dealing with the pressure at this level.”
Siddhartha Ullah, selected to the Freestyle Snowboard squad, said:
“I’m so excited and honoured to represent Great Britain in the Youth Olympics and get British halfpipe snowboarding back on the map. I’ve heard from a few athletes that it’s more fun than the actual Olympics, so I’m looking forward to a great experience… and some good food in South Korea!”
Full Ski and Snowboard Squad Selections:
- Molly Butler – aged 17 from Guildford
- Zak Carrick-Smith – aged 16, based in Albertville
- Elspeth Cruickshank – aged 16 from Aberdeen
- Thomas Duncan – aged 15, based in Stavanger
- Sophie Forth – aged 16 from Harlow
- Charlie Cooper – aged 17 from Westminster
- Jake Dade – aged 17 from Great Yarmouth
- Axel Rose Green – aged 17 from Cambridge
- Charlie Lane – aged 16 from Brighton
- Siddhartha Ullah – aged 17, based in Los Angeles
GB Snowsport wishes all athletes selected the best of luck in Gangwon next year.