Performance Consultant (Part-Time)
Closing Date: 23 December 2022
Our vision is to build on the recent success of British Ski and Snowboard athletes by making Britain a credible, sustainable and competitive nation across multiple Olympic and Paralympic snowsport disciplines.
Our vision is based on the principle that British snowsport athletes have shown that they can thrive and win in the most competitive international environments, in spite of the nation’s lack of natural snowsport settings.
We aim to meet our vision by building sustainable programmes that will win well over multiple cycles.
This role is an interim role directly accountable to the CEO for the successful leadership and delivery across performance and pathway programmes within Olympic and Paralympic disciplines. GBS is responsible for delivering 5 Olympic (Ski Cross, Snowboard Cross, Freestyle Ski, Freestyle Snowboard and Moguls) and 2 Paralympic (Para Alpine and Para Snowboard) World Class Programmes and 3 National Squads (Alpine, Cross Country and Para Nordic) in addition to supporting the pathway across all snowsport disciplines.
- To provide mentorship and leadership direction for GB Snowsport Head Coach and Head of Sport Science and Medicine.
- Ensure best practice approaches to athlete selection/deselection, (including World Class Programme selection) and classification (where relevant).
- Work with GBS Head Coach & Head of Sport Science and Medicine to scrutinise individualised planning across the GBS disciplines.
- Work with Sports Science and Medicine Team to ensure the performance trajectory of our talented athletes is positively impacted by contemporary world class support services including sports science and medicine service and injury prevention.
- Ensure best practice standards for athlete health, well-being, safeguarding and anti-doping are adhered to throughout GBS programmes
- Ensure that direct reports are resourced, supported and professionally developed to meet their objectives and deliver consistently in their roles.
- Ensure effective leadership and management of GBS teams at World Championships, Olympic and/or Paralympic Games.
Personal Skills & Qualities
- Has existing or previous sport/partner-facing experience with other NGB, EIS, UK sport programs.
- Can build authentic rapport and think on their feet to support the performance leaders in a wide range of environments and situations.
- Has great observational skills and attention to detail.
- Can evidence the ability to think strategically.
- Has a creative mind, capable of supporting leaders to find routes through complex scenarios with limited resources.
- Has extensive experience within sport science and medicine, with specific experience supporting the successful delivery of performance initiatives across a de-centralised sport.
- Can help translate centralised sport science and medicine provision into tangible on-snow performance gains.
- Performance planning – has the ability to assist with the alignment of on-snow and off-snow performance targets and create integrated performance plans for individual athletes and squads
Please send CV and a cover letter describing how your previous experience can be translated to a fully decentralised, multi discipline, snowsport environment to HR@gbsnowsport.com by the 23rd December 2022.
Interviews for successful candidates are scheduled for the second week of January 2023.
GBS DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION STATEMENT
GBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by the Equality Act 2010. GBS is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programmes and general treatment during employment.